Porcelain Veneers may be right for you if you want to improve your smile by changing various aspects of each tooth. Veneers are a quick and easy solution to change the color and alignment of your mouth at Dental Health International in Chelsea, Massachusetts. Veneers are suitable for almost everyone, so please let us know if this is something you’re interested! Learn more about veneers, their procedure, and their benefits. Veneers can drastically change your smile and your confidence.
What are Veneers?
Veneers are made of thin pieces of porcelain that cover the front of your teeth and act as a protective shell. We create each veneer to fit each tooth, resulting in a flawless smile. Every veneer will come together once they are all fixed onto your teeth, giving you a straighter, brighter, and more appealing smile. Veneers are custom-made to your desired hue and shape, and they will correct faults.
Some of the characteristics they can fix are:
- Gaps in your teeth
- Uneven lengths or shorter tooth lengths
- Chips and cracks in your teeth
- Help with discoloration
- Help with misalignment
They are cemented onto the surface of your teeth, creating a permanent cosmetic appearance. If a veneer does come loose at any time, you will need to see the dentist again.
What is the Veneer Procedure?
When you indicate an interest in veneers, our dental specialist will schedule a consultation with you. We’ll go over your medical history and make sure your teeth are healthy and robust enough to support the veneers. The dentist will discuss your desired results with you and take impressions of your teeth and digital images to aid in creating the veneers. We will perform minor tooth polishing to make room for the veneers on the teeth. Your smile impressions, as well as the dimensions necessary to make the veneers, will be submitted to a dental laboratory to be custom-made for your smile.
We will place the veneers at a subsequent appointment with the dentist. Your teeth will be thoroughly cleaned and dried before we bond the veneers to your teeth with a dental adhesive. We will then use a special blue light to harden the veneers to your teeth. You will have an entirely new smile after this appointment. You should treat your teeth regularly and practice good dental hygiene. You may first feel like something is stuck on your teeth, but this sensation will fade with time, and the veneers will soon feel completely natural.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers:
- Offer a permanent solution to some characteristics that are not wanted. The procedure is minimally invasive and does not require any surgery to get the smile of your dreams.
- We make them out of porcelain. Porcelain is a robust and durable material that appears completely natural. It can withstand the daily blows of chewing and is light enough that you won’t notice it in your mouth.
- Stain-resistant! While it is always good to avoid food and beverages with artificial dyes, porcelain veneers are more likely to resist any possible stains. You choose your shade of white to begin with, and it will stick with you over the years.
- Great and simple solution to many different dental problems. Many people prefer them over crowns and bridges.
Porcelain Veneers in Chelsea, Massachusetts
At Dental Health International in Chelsea, Massachusetts, we are excited to offer all our patients porcelain veneers. We know that veneers have the power to change your smile drastically, and they can give you a confidence boost. Come into our dental office today to see if veneers are the right choice for you.